DORCAS MEDIA TIPS
10 FREE WAYS TO WRITE A DECENT MEDIA RELEASE:
All journalists get a lot of media releases, and at glance you can tell the amateur from serious copy.
A majority of mistakes in copy releases are the usual 10 big mistakes..and here they are for FREE!
1. Create a headline
2. Place the story in the first paragraph – who, when, what, where, how, and why?
3. Keep the story brief
4. Add quotes
5. Use real names/case studies
6. Include an ‘about us’ section in the media release
7. Include your contacts
8. Read over the media release to make sure of corrections and does it flow?
9. Format the release – do not add bold face or italics, or indented paragraphs…straight copy
10. Use images
If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate in contacting us.
Kevin Kelway, director, Dorcas Media